What if you are in hurry to print a document but your printer displays offline status? What you will do? How you going to resolve this offline error? Well, you don’t have to worry about it. Because in this article, we will tell you the step by step by process of solving HP printer offline error. If you find it difficult you can also reach for HP Printer Repair in Dallas.
Before reaching to the solution lets understand the cause of behind this offline error. Sometimes it is possible that your cable is not correctly attached or a error due to paper-jam or it is possible that your printer driver is facing some issues or it might be a software problem. Such errors also depend upon the model of the printer or how old it is.
This printer offline to online troubleshooting can be done with all types of printers.
- Check for the Cables –
You have to check the both ends of the USB cable whether they are inserted properly or not. Also check the Ethernet cable and connection with your printer. And, if you have wireless printer then you have to check the internet connection to make sure the router is connected properly.
If your connecting cables are not working in one port, you have to try every other port or sockets available on your device. You can also check by using another cable to make sure the cable works properly. And, if your cable is working properly, then ensure to check for your network connection.
- Manually Setting your Printer Online –
- Click on the start icon, present on the left bottom of your display screen.
- Now, click on the control panel.
- You can now click on the Devices and Printers.
- Now right click on the printer in question and select the option – “See what’s printing”.
- One window will open and you have to choose “Printer” from the top of the menu bar.
- Now, select “Use Printer Online” from the drop-down menu.
- Stop All the Pending Print Jobs
You have to cancel every printing job in order to change the status of your printer from offline to online.
From the above-mentioned option “See what’s printing”, you have to right click on it and cancel every other print job running at present.
Once, the print job is removed, you have to select the option – “Use Printer Online” again.
After this, try restarting both your PC and the Printer.
- Removing and Reinstalling Your Printer
- You have to right click on the printer from devices and printers.
- Now, you have to select on remove device.
- Select the printer again by selecting the Add a printer option from devices and printers.
We hope your problem is vanished by the end of this article. And, if not then you can contact best HP Printer Repair in Dallas. Or you can also contact on +1(877) 894-5316 toll free number.