Printers are quite a useful machine as it makes our work easier and saves our time too. But still it’s a complex form of machinery which can break down anytime anywhere. Sometimes, all we need to do is to follow the rules and get the printer out of the problem. And if you are not able to solve it you can always contact HP Printer Repair near me or any other printer repairing shop.
Though printers provide intelligence in power and technology, they are additionally prone to errors and problems. Users now and then face more than one issue in their printers and reset the printer to the factory mode. It is the simplest method to solve all problems such as – error and problems messages associated to ink cartridges, software and printing jobs.
Well, if you are facing the issue then let’s start learning!
Time to Reset & Restart –
If your printer isn’t working properly then the first step is to reset the printer’s factory settings. Resetting your printer to its factory default setting is usually the last option to troubleshoot all the problems of your printer.
Sometimes it’s as easy as putting a cheery on the cakes and sometimes it’s a bit harder. Sometimes it’s easy as clicking a single button or sometimes a drop-down box appears with different options to restore the network settings.
It is also possible that with other printer models it is hard to reset their factory settings. But overall, we just want to say that always treat your newly reborn printer with fresh ink and toner cartridges.
Here we will teach you how to reset the printers of various manufacturers.
How To Reset Factory Default setting on an HP printer?
According to HP support all you have to do is to restore the factory set defaults on your printer so that your printer will reset the page count, tray size, its language, and other things inside the printer. To restore your HP printer to factory default settings you must follow these steps:
- You have to turn off the printer.
- Disconnect all the power cables from the printer and wait for few seconds and then reconnect them all.
- Now, switch on the printer while you press and hold the resume button for a few seconds.
- You will see that the attention light will turn on.
- Now, release the resume button. With the attention and ready light cycles while the printer restore factory defaults.
How to reset factory default settings for Canon PIXMA printers?
- You will see a set up button on your printer’s display home screen.
- Now, select the settings
- Go for device settings
- Click on the reset settings and reset it all.
- Now, click o the ok button and click yes.
- After restarting your printer, you may need to set up some setup process again.
How to reset factory default settings for Brother HL-L2350DW / HL-L2370DW / HL-L2370DW XL printers?
- Navigate to initial setup and press ok, once you see it on the printer’s display home screen.
- Now, reset it and click on the ok button.
- You can choose the type of reset you would like to perform and click on the ok button.
- Press the down button twice and go for a yes option again.
How to reset factory default settings for Samsung printers?
Samsung Printers has two different reset options.
Basic Resetting –
- You have to press the keys quickly MENU # 1 9 3 4.
- You will see a tech option displaying on your desktop.
- Select the MENU key again and press enter.
- On the display you will see an option of tech mode.
- Now, it’s time for you to press the < key twice. You will notice that an operator panel will show NEW CARTRIDGE.
- Select the enter option and the panel will show a YES option.
- Again press enter.
- Now, you can exit this mode by pressing menu #1 9 3 4 again.
Manual Reset Process –
- Press the power button till your printer’s LED turns off.
- Now, remove the power cables and leave the printer unplugged for few minutes.
- Plug in all the cables back into your printer.
- Press and hold the button for 2-3 seconds until you are satisfied by printing your test documents.
We hope you found the best method for restoring your printer’s factory default settings. You can anytime contact Printer Repair Austin if you need more assistance and help.