Suppose, you bought a new printer which has scanning features and you are too excited to use its features. Now, what will you do? Of course, you will try to do a test print, cope, fax, and use documents to see the scanning feature of your printer and check they work well or not. What if after some time you get to know that it also has some amazing features which can make your work a lot easier. For example – scan to email. With this feature, you can easily scan documents and directly send them to their destination. Interesting isn’t it?
But what if it did not work? Don’t be upset because we will guide you how to use this feature. All you have to do is follow this article step by step and configure the SMTP settings of your printer before you use this feature.
If you like you can also contact the Printer Repair services in Gulfport or search in your mobile as – printer services near me to get more options to explore.
Also make sure that before you begin following all the steps your printer is connected to a secure network. The proper internet connectivity is important because without it, you won’t be able to send email to its destination. You can connect your printer to your router using an Ethernet cable or connect using Wi-Fi network.
Here, are the instructions below which will help you to install the scan and email setup wizard.
- Click on the start button.
- Now, click on programs.
- You have to click on the name of your printer and
- Click scan to Email wizard.
(NOTE: In case, you are not able to find scan to email wizard option then you can skit this step and set up the scan via email setup using HP embedded web server.)
- You have to press the new button in the outgoing email profile dialog box. You will notice that scan to email dialog opens.
- On the start page you have to enter the sender’s email address in the designated field.
- Now, enter the name of the sender in the assigned display name field. And this, will be the final name that will display bon your control panel.
- Before sending an email, you also have to enter a security pin of 4-digit in the designated field of entering security field. Also, re-enter the same pin in the confirm security pin field and click next.
(NOTE: You should create pin for your own security. When a pin is created, it must have entered on the control panel of the printer every time you used your profile to scan and send a document.)
- Now, you have to enter the SMTP server and port number on the second page (Authentication Page).
(NOTE: In most of the cases, there is no need to change the default port number. And, if you are using a hosted SMTP services such as Gmail, then verify the SMTP address, port Number, and SSL settings from the website of your service provider or any other secure source. For Gmail the address is – smtp.gmail.com, port number – 465, and SSL enabled.)
- If you are using Google Gmail for email purpose then always select the secure connection checkbox.
- Now, you have to select the maximum size of the Email from the drop-down menu.
(NOTE: You must use the default size of automatic for the HP recommends using the default file size of Automatic for the maximum size.)
- And, if the SMTP server requires authentication to send the email. Select the Email log-in authentication check box.
- Enter the user ID password and click on the next option.
- Now, on the third page (Configure Page), to automatically copy the sender on email message sent from the profile, select include sender in all messages sent out successfully from the printer then click on the next button.
- On the 4th page (finish page), you have to review the information and verify all the settings to check whether they are correct or not. And, if there is error the click on the back button to correct this error. And, if the settings are correct then click the save button and test button to test the configuration.
- Click on the finish to complete the configuration option when the configuration message displays.
We hope and wish your problem has been resolved by now but if it still persists then you can contact the HP Printer Repair Dallas using your PC, Laptop, tablet, or mobile phone.